Friday, July 31, 2009

Feel the heat

I've lacked the motivation lately to post on account of record breaking temperatures. Two days ago SeaTac topped out at 103, and it's been hovering in the 90s ever since. Considering the fact that my room is an attic room and I don't have a laptop, there was no way I could conceive of attempting an endeavor that sweaty. It finally started to cool off yesterday and today is hot, but certainly bearable. The garden has needed extra watering during the past week's heat wave. I typically water around twilight, and if I'm able for a short time in the late morning. The past two months have been near the driest on record for the Seattle area, with practically no measurable rainfall to speak of. Perhaps a sign of what's to come. I can't really complain though; a gardener can't ask for better weather to grow vegetables, but a little rain would be nice.

Yellow squash ready to be picked today or tomorrow

Quinoa clusters continue to fill out nicely

Golden bell peppers love the heat

The first sunflower opened up yesterday

1 comment:

  1. lol the heat has been unbearable for us californians too...it is that global warming lol





    www.retractablebannerstands.us

    ReplyDelete